The weBoost 470103 Connect 4G Signal Booster Kit is the newest version of the Wilson 460103 DB Pro 4G Signal Booster Kit, our second best selling signal booster behind only the more powerful weBoost 471104 Connect 4G-X Extreme. The weBoost 470103 Connect 4G kit is designed to boost the voice, 3G and 4G LTE networks for most of the major carriers in the United States and Canada, and will cover a small to medium sized home or office with boosted signal, assuming a strong outside signal.
In terms of setup and operation, the weBoost Connect 4G kit uses a yagi directional outside antenna that's typically mounted on a vertical pole on the roof of your home or office to pick up the existing cell signal in your area. That signal is sent over a cable to the weBoost Connect 4G amplifier, which boosts the signal and sends it over another cable to the inside antenna. The inside antenna broadcasts the boosted signal into your home or office giving you a usable indoor cell signal. The weBoost 470103 Connect 4G Signal Booster Kit includes everything you need to quickly and easily install the system and immediately start having great cell signal. If you can't mount an antenna on the roof of your home or office, please contact us to discuss other potential options.
The existing outside signal strength that you receive from the roof of your home or office (where you would mount the outside antenna) has a large impact on the amount of coverage area you get from a signal booster. It is important to remember that there are many factors that go into determining the coverage area, so actual results may vary from these estimates.
- If you have an existing strong 5-bar outside signal, you may receive up to 5,000 sq ft of boosted signal inside the building.*
- If you have an existing 3 to 4-bar (-90 dB) outside signal, you may receive up to 3,500 sq ft of boosted signal inside the building.*
- If you have an existing 1 to 2-bar (-100 dB) outside signal, you may receive up to 1,000 sq ft of boosted signal inside the building*.
- If you have no existing outside signal, then a signal booster likely will not work in your situation unfortunately.
If you need more coverage than you can get from a single weBoost Connect 4G system, take a look at the more powerful weBoost 471104 Connect 4G-X Extreme.
The weBoost 470103 Connect 4G supports the 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE networks from virtually all carriers in the United States and Canada. For other locations, please consult the frequencies listed below to see if this product will work for you.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the carriers, networks and frequencies boosted by this kit:
- AT&T 2G, 3G, 4G HSPA+ & 4G LTE
- Verizon 2G, 3G, 4G LTE & XLTE
- Sprint 2G, 3G & 4G LTE
- T-Mobile 2G, 3G, 4G HSPA+ & 4G LTE
- US Cellular 2G, 3G & 4G LTE
- All other carriers using 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 1900 MHz, and AWS 1700/2100 MHz frequencies
Please Note: This signal booster kit will not work in most European, Asian, and African countries because the frequencies used there are different than those boosted by this equipment.
- weBoost Connect 4G 65dB amplifier
- weBoost Directional Outside Antenna
- weBoost Panel Inside Antenna
- 30' White Low Loss Cable (950630)
- 2 x 15' White Low Loss Cables with Barrel Connector
- 8" Flat Coax Cable
- AC Power Supply
- Installation Guide
The weBoost 470103 Connect 4G comes with everything that you need for immediate installation, however, there are a few of additional items you may want to consider.
For locations that receive thunderstorms and lightning, a lightning surge protector kit will protect against nearby lightning strikes that cause surges in static electricity that can damage the amplifier. It contains a gas discharge that will automatically cut the connection between the amplifier and the outside antenna when a surge is detected.
The included directional outside antenna is designed to be mounted to a pole that is 2 inches in diameter or less. If you do not have an existing tv antenna or other pole you plan to use, a Pole Mount Kit is a convenient and low cost option. It simply attaches to a flat vertical surface and provides with with a foot of vertical pole to attach the antenna and rotate into place.
Installing the weBoost 470103 Connect 4G Signal Booster Kit system is fairly straightforward, but will require running cable from the roof or elevated location into the building, as well as potentially drilling and screwing in components. If you feel comfortable with this level of installation, then feel free to proceed, otherwise you may want to consider hiring a general contractor, electrician, satellite TV installer, or handyman to assist in the installation.
Additionally, before you begin, we recommend that you start with a soft installation, where you don't permanently mount components, drill holes or finalize cable runs until you're sure that the system is performing to the level that you would like. Once you've tested out antenna and component locations, and are satisfied with the results, then you can go ahead and permanently install everything. Finally, read through the entire set of installation instructions both here and in the included manual before beginning, and feel free to call us with any questions before you proceed.
- We'll start the installation from the roof and work our way into the house. First, start by determining the part of the roof that receives the best signal, as we'll want to locate the directional antenna there and ideally aim it away from the house (and not back over the roof). Once you've identified the portion of the roof which is best, locate the vertical pole which you'll be mounting the yagi directional antenna as high up on the roof as possible. Attach the directional antenna and temporarily aim it away from the house. Run one of the 30 ft. cables from the antenna into the attic of the house, if possible through a vent or soffit, but you may need to drill a hole at this step.
- Once the cable is inside the house, we recommend running the cables and locating the inside antenna in the attic of the house (If this is not possible, please call us to discuss other installation locations). The amplifier can either be located in the attic if there is an area with AC power, or down in the living space for easier access. To start Run the cable to the area where you plan to locate the amplifier. If you've purchased a lighting surge protector, attach that now, and then connect the 2ft cable to the "Outside Antenna" port of the amplifier. Otherwise directly connect the outside cable to the "Outside Antenna" port. Connect the second 30 ft cable to the "Inside Port" on the other side of the amplifier, and run it to the center of the attic. Connect the panel antenna and lay it face down on the floor of the attic.
- Once all of the components are connected, power on the amplifier by plugging it in. As it's powering up, you should see the lights flashing, and then check to see that they turn solid green. If the lights are not solid green, check out the portion of the owners manual that discusses the indicator lights to find out what they mean. Of, you can always contact us for help.
- Directional antennas must be aimed for best results. When aiming and when mounting the antenna, make sure that it is parallel with the ground, do not aim it up at the sky or down at the ground. Start with the antenna high on the roof pointed in one direction. Turn on the system and have a person inside stand 10 ft in front of the inside antenna and take a signal reading with their phone in field test mode. Rotate the outside antenna 45 degrees (1/8th of the way around) and then pause for 60 seconds. After the pause, the person inside should take another signal reading from exactly the same spot, and then you can repeat the process. After you've gone all the way around, mount the antenna facing in the direction with the strongest signal (decibel signal reading will be closest to 0). If possible, also mount the antenna on that side of the home or office so that it's pointing away from the building and not over the building.
The included manual is very helpful and we recommend reading through it before beginning the installation. If you run into any issues, feel free to contact us for help.
* The actual coverage area of a signal booster is dependent on many factors including existing outside signal strength, obstructions between you and the cell tower, the materials used in your home or office, the layout of the area you need to cover with a boosted signal, and other factors. The approximate coverage areas listed above are estimates. Actual coverage area will vary based on these and other factors. If you're not sure if a system will be powerful enough for your needs, contact us to find out.
|Max Coverage Area||Up to 5,000 sq ft|
|Frequency||700MHz, 800MHz, 1900MHz, 1700/2100MHz|
|Specific Frequency (Up/Down)||698 - 716 MHz / 728 - 746 MHz, 776 - 787 MHz / 746 - 757 MHz, 824 - 849 MHz / 869 - 894 MHz, 1710 - 1755 MHz / 2110 - 2155 MHz, 1850 - 1915 MHz / 1930 - 1995 MHz|
|Gain||65dB / 65dB|
|Power Requirements||110-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz, 8 W|
This is a CONSUMER device.
BEFORE USE, you MUST REGISTER THIS DEVICE with your wireless provider and have your provider's consent. Most wireless providers consent to the use of signal boosters. Some providers may not consent to the use of this device on their network. If you are unsure, contact your provider. You MUST operate this device with approved antennas and cables as specified by the manufacturer. Antennas MUST be installed at least 20 cm (8 inches) from any person. You MUST cease operating this device immediately if requested by the FCC or a licensed wireless service provider. WARNING. E911 location information may not be provided or may be inaccurate for calls served by using this device.
Please note, the four largest carriers - AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint - and more than 90 regional carriers have given blanket consent for use of all boosters certified to the new FCC standards.